Monday, April 4, 2011

the reason for chocolate cake

I get great news today! I made the honor roll! 3.5 GPA, I am stoked! I let a friend know asap as soon as I read the email, and of course got a smart ass remark. I don't know why I am surprised? I really don't .

So in order to alleviate the smart ass remark, I just have to rethink how and to whom I deliver my good news. Getting that remark on the heels of my announcement really took away some of the shine.

I have never EVER made honor roll. Not because I couldn't while in grade school but because I was LAZY! The remark really hurt me, and I think next time I will just choose my words a little more carefully.

I don't get many opportunities to brag on my achievements. I am a Mom first and foremost, than work, than school. To pull off a GPA of 3.5 this semester and last is to me stupendous with all that has been going on. Like I said I have never been dumb, just lazy or had better things to do. Sounds like most people. Now that I have the opportunity to go to school and get a career instead of just a job I am all over it.

Needless to say since I am doing this with virtually no help from anyone in my family and few of my friends I was in shock for about 45 minutes today after receiving the notification.

But to my friends and the limited family that hasn't disowned me: Next time just say great! Less is more...

No comments:

Post a Comment