Friday, September 30, 2011

Kitchen Timer....

Dinner time gets a little hectic in our household namely because everything happens at the same time- commute home, school, E's football games, Yoga class, etc - Did I mention we are back at 24hr fitness?? YES! Last night was no exception, left the crock pot on during the day with a pork tenderloin cooking away I had headed out Thursday am, thinking everything would be delish when I got home... so not the case! Best laid plans and all that! The pork tenderloin was so burned it was one solid piece, of course DS1, and DS2 had not noticed anything and so didn't act to try and salvage the situation, but I don't think it could have been really. So on to Plan B- Chicken! ok TPC grill pan, my favorite pan, grab that and butter, oh crap we are out of butter... used the little bit we had and grilled the chicken in the pan with TPC Citrus and Basil rub, and some lemon juice. That was awesome, I cut it up and served it with some pasta and veggies we had fixed up the other night... The squash... ew it was bad burned too... between the crock pot and the squash the smoke alarm went off repeatedly and was yelling FIRE, FIRE as it does. We have the new fangled ones that are combo fire/gas detector and speak to you so that you wake up and don't sleep through the alarm. yeah us... at least I have the comfort of knowing that if it does go off in the middle of the night it SHOULD get us up... I hope! In the meantime I will get an actual timer so I don't use the smoke detector to know when dinner is done :) Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment