Thursday, September 1, 2011

Veggies!!!

Several years ago when we still lived in Wylie, I had joined a Veggie Co-op, to call it simply that is well - just not all inclusive. The wonderful lady that runs our Co-op does it on a weekly basis, and there are fruits and veggies, at times cheese and other times eggs. Since we still participate in Angel Food, the fresh veggies really would supplement what we were buying and save me big time moolah at the grocery store. Enter hectic busy stupid life, working two jobs, dating a man and veggie co-op got to be something else to DEAL with.... Fast forward 2.5 years and we are looking for creative ways to get veggies (fresh frozen etc) into the house at a decent price. We love our local Plano Farmers Market (75& Parker) but... don't always have the time to go. Or! go and spend a TON of money and half of it goes to waste! That is no bueno! So... I recontacted some of the wonderful ladies who had told me of this co-op to begin with and found out if Veggie Lady was still making her weekly rounds. She wasn't but.... wanted to start up again! YES! So every Wednesday I get to go and pick up my bag ( I get 2) of veggies! Yesterday we got 6 cucumbers (just the right size to make pickles with) about 8 apples, 2 containers of yellow cherry tomatoes, 3 heads of lettuce, 2 doz eggs, 2 containers blue berries ( going to make jelly with those if they don't get inhaled) and a classic batter bowl full of Apricots, so... yes! I get to make Jams, jellies in the freezer! Too excited! So if anyone needs pickles we have a recipe for Garlic pickles we make in the fridge that are yummy! and I have like 8 jars, come take some :) I saw the neatest thing from Ball the other day they are plastic 'jars' which is fabulous because I wasn't too keen on putting glass in the freezer to make my freezer jam/jelly which my friend A swears is easy! 3 day weekend of which I get 2 days of so we will see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment