Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Unfun Medical crap

So we are on day 8 and counting of worst headache ever. Woke up with it last Sunday night @ 12am and ice packs, drugs finally kicked in around 2 am to get some sleep, Bubba made me stay home that Monday to get some rest and get better. Headache continued all week, Thursday night we went to CareNow and got checked out they were baffled and gave me two shots one on each hip. No relief, back to work again on Friday, School Friday night for exam, and then Saturday school. CareNow called to check on my Saturday, told them wasn't any improvement but my hips hurt from the shots, thanks very much! They advised go to ER. Since I was without vehicle since I am on pain meds for headache Bubba took me to school Saturday. We went that evening to ER. While there I had a head CT, and a wonderful nurse and a horrible PA who insisted I have a Spinal Tap. 45 minutes later, when I had been stuck 8 times, and they hadn't gotten it the DR finally stepped in and got it, because Bubba was in the hallway most un-pleased, and I could not feel my right leg. So recap- went in with a headache, now have sore hips (Thursday), left arm hurts from IV, drugs not working, back hurts from Spinal Tap and right leg is tingling. Awesome. After ST was finished finally and I am in tears, and shivering, was told to lay flat for 45 min, they would be back that was 12 am, by 1:45 AM they still hadn't been back in. Bubba went to go find someone, found a wonderful nurse who told me to continue to lay flat, and they were working on my discharge. By 3 AM I had been discharged, found out from discharge nurse that I have another UTI so we are back on that round of loveliness, and I have to see a neurologist. Today back hurts from various pokes from needles from lovely ST, and right shoulder blade is knotted up, which is most wonderful since I am right handed. Calling my DR as soon as their office opens to get in.

No comments:

Post a Comment