Saturday, August 20, 2011

Customer Service is dead!

Maybe because I am in customer service? Maybe because I am forced to go out into public?

Not sure, but I loathe dealing with the 18 or below child behind the counter who could not give two shits about being there, because Mommy and Daddy said get a job to pay for your trombone lessons, dating that girl, or to teach responsibility etc.

The problem is there is not any accountability with these kids, if they get fired, they go somewhere else, it wasn't my fault, the manager was mean to me, I didn't like that job, I don't want to work fast food etc.

As the mother of a child who is going to be entering the workplace soon (hint! Hint! Blake!) it really bothers me that someone could encounter my child at his "job" and that they will have the same negative reactions that I do with these kids.

Now keep in mind it is not just kids, it is also 20 somethings who have to be 8 hrs a day and it might as well be there. Hell I work with people like that and they are in their 30's 40's and up, and don't get me started on the lazy so and so's that work with Bubba.

But a perfect example presented itself last night for exactly what I am talking about: Went to buy shoes for E, cleats and daily shoes- his dress shoes are still nice/ fit from last year. They didn't have the right size at the Famous Footwear in Mckinney, so we asked them to check another store. This is after we had been in the store for over an hour, the kid working in the stacks had been avoiding eye contact with me, and Bubba pretty much had to shout across the store to get his attention because he was busy avoiding everyone. Now comes the great part! The questions began as this- Do you have any more of this shoe anywhere else ? This was because E HAD to have those shoes, could not bear to not only those would work! OMG... No all of their stock is out on the floor, ok great thanks. Hey can you call another store that is close and ask them for me? At this point I was still being nice, patience was thin but I was NICE...

Get this! They are not allowed to call other stores for stock checks because the other stores are too busy, but we were more than welcome to call ourselves which Bubba did, or... we could just drive over there... hmm

OK - since when did not taking care of the customer, you know the one that buys stuff in your store to keep your doors open become OK?

Apparently everywhere, because although this is a fine example I could go on and on... But I won't :)

Except to say we recently figured out that if we eat anywhere else besides Mexican restaurants the service SUCKS! so I guess we will just eat Mexican out from now on.


No comments:

Post a Comment