Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Sunday

Yesterday was busy as well - played with the new sewing machine, Cars and Coffee in the early AM, got a pedi, dinner at Chuy's with the oldest kid and the honey. However Sunday was the main focus of our weekend, getting Shawn ready to fly out, laundry kids ready for school, etc...


Well I was all geared up and ready to go, my first cooking show was today. And then my host got sick, really sick, Migraine and other issues, so we had to reschedule, totally bummed out. I was excited, nervous all the above! I found out this am as I was going to get myself ready for the show as I had spent the morning getting my tools ready to take with me. It took all morning to get everything together as apparently the dishwasher (machine and child) were not as diligent as they should have been in getting things cleaned before they got put up.

The nerves thing is new as it is the talking in front of people that was the catch for me, I can talk to anyone, about anything usually... I am in Sales by day, I talk on the phone and by email all day, Facebook most days and live for text and email. So why on earth did I not look forward to talking in front of all these people? Not sure but we will find out Thursday at my next show and see how tongue tied I get!

Went and got the kid and came home and snuggled with my honey since he is going to be gone for a whole week, this will be our first separation since we have moved in together and I am not looking forward to it but since we are grown ups, supposedly I will try and take it in stride.

Dinner was a quick and laid back affair Sloppy Joes made in my fabulous Deep Covered Baker, and White Chocolate mousse for dessert- total time (starting with frozen hamburger meat) was 40 min. I used to hate this pot could not stand it, I have moved it from one house to another and it just sat there- until in December my director said- you are spending to much time in the kitchen, we have to get you cooking quicker. Bless her!

here is my rendition of Sloppy joes- can be doubled as needed

1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup bbq sauce
1/4 cup chopped onion
hamburger buns

cook ground beef in microwave in Deep dish baker for 3 min to defrost, use TPC Mix and Chop to break up meat, stir in onions and return to microwave for about 3 more min until no longer pink, if still pink pop it back in for a few minutes. Drain, add bbq sauce, put back into microwave for 3-5 min to warm up sauce and mingle everything, serve with warmed hamburger buns.


There were no leftovers so that is always a good thing! Yall have a great week and I hope to be cooking and taking pictures this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment